View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Litany of Anonymous

Just because a priest has been called be God doesn't mean he'll turn his back on him later in life (which Bishop Clark has done since becoming Bishop of Rochester)

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.


(Father Holland) is on drugs. There is no other explanation. Has he been witnessing the Diocese of Rochester become rubble all around him, or is he too busy smoking the reefer to see the damage being done?

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.

I know that Bishop Clark would hate the idea. He is more interested in closing most of the parishes and selling the properties for the $$$$.

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

Words fail me ... God forgive me, but (Father Lawlor) is totally full of it (and you know what I mean). Who died and made him God? Oh, yes, I forgot ... he's his own deity. God help us

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.


I'm lost, what the heck is wrong with Bishop Clark? Does he have any beliefs anymore? Does he believe anything his Church teaches?

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

Shame on Fr. Gagnier and Bishop Clark. Come out and admit what you are planning to do, you two cowards!

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.


The sad part is Bishop Clark just doesn't care. He is looting our diocese and destroying beautiful parish communities.

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

Mark Hare pretends to be a Catholic as well.

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.

Bishop Clark has done so much damage to the Diocese of Rochester and his own Priests and parishioners during the past 30 years. …

… Any man that can do this much damage to so many poor souls, and I don't care if the man is a migrant farm worker. a bishop or Jesus Christ himself, this man is the closest thing to the devil that you will ever see on earth.

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

We have to expose these female lay administrators who are doing so much damage to our Church.

I would like to see pictures and all legal and published information about them, their husbands and family, posted on a Blog. I want to know where they live and where their husbands work.

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.

The one who should go to confession is Bishop Clark. With all the souls he has driven from the Catholic Church, he may have one foot in Hell as we speak.

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

(Father Holland praising Bishop Clark) One heretic showing love for another. Pulls at the ol' heart strings, doesn't it?

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.

The good news is that the Bishop who acts like a dictator will go away soon and his name will quickly fade away.

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

… Rochester's malcontent in a miter chimed in on the homosexual marriage bill on the cusp of passage in New York state

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.

Does Bishop Clark believe anything that the Church teaches???

For the times our words have offended Thee -
Lord Have mercy.

This sounds just like the Father Clifford I've come to know and loathe. Please excuse my boldness but his arrogance (IMHO) is unbearable at times.

For time times our words have offended Thee -
Forgive us, Oh Lord.

Dear Lord, it is so easy to fall into the traps of rash judgment and detraction, even calumny. It is so easy to allow our frustration, anger, resentment, jealousy and pride to control our words and thoughts. Dear Lord, forgive us, have mercy on us. Help us to be more open to your healing grace and love. Help us to remember to show respect for the reputation of others and to provide needed correction in charitable ways. Help us to remember that as disciples we are called to “put away all malice and all guile and all insincerity and envy and all slander ( 1 Pet 2:1) ). Help us to bridle our tongues (Jas 1:26), and to “put on the new man” created after your likeness “in true righteousness and holiness.” (Eph 4:24) We humbly ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

-------

The above comments are all actual comments compiled from various blogs. The comments were all posted anonymously, and were not the comments of the bloggers themselves. I have added names in a couple of cases to make it clear at whom the comments were directed.

The prayers are mine, and I need to keep them in mind in my own blogging as I have fallen into some of these traps myself. Forgive me Lord. Have mercy on me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the posts and videos by your friend Ray Grosswirth where he attacks Bishop Morlino, saying he has abused his power? How about your attack on Fr. Antinarelli? You continue to make it clear, the only time you're offended is when there is an attack on a liberal Catholic, while you let the attacks on conservative Catholics slide, if not participate in them yourself. Add me to your prayer list, and while you're at it, add yourself.

11:14 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Ray Grosswirth is not my friend. I don't know anything about an "attack" by him on anyone.

I did not attack Father Antinarelli - as some moderate conservative posters have noted.

You are on my prayer list. I pray for myself as well - and I hope you will pray for me as well. I need all the prayers I can get.

Pax et bonum

11:21 AM  
Blogger Nerina said...

Hi Lee,

We CAN fall into the bad habit of rash judgment and say intemperate words. And I don't like "Anonymous" posting as a rule, but I know some people feel it is necessary at times.

When I read the comments you have posted, I got a sense of frustration and deep-seated anger. I've been in this diocese for almost 9 years, and as an outsider coming in, I can certainly appreciate the frustration felt by many. And I have some serious issues with our Bishop. At the same time, he is the Lord's "anointed one" and I try to make my comments as truthful and non-inflammatory as possible.

I have to say I am shocked by the experiences of others in the diocese (and I sincerely hope that the comments posted by anonymous posters are true). We all have to admit that there are some serious problems in Rochester. I will continue to pray for our local church and our Bishop. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to 2012.

4:30 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Nerina - I, too, sense the frustration and anger of some of the commenters. I try to keep that in mind when I read them and sometimes respond, but I am not always temperate myself, and sometimes I lose patience when the same incorrect or uncharitable things are said for the umpteenth time.

That is where I need prayer - my own, and from others.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Ben Anderson said...

Keep em in check, Lee. It's not fun to post stuff like this, but someone's got to. Unfortunately, everyone (including myself) needs to be reminded to be charitable all too often.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Patti-n-Mike said...

One of your better efforts. Lee. Good on you!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home