View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer/Mother-in-law updates

Still 214 lbs.

460 words on the novel so far.

Created the Christmas file in which to work on the stories and poems.

Have finished James and First Peter. Now in Second Peter.

My mother-in-law has been moved to a stroke rehab center. She is doing all kinds of therapy right now. They are also giving her all sorts of information about changing her diet to help deal with the diabetes. At 81, she's not sure just how much she wants to change her lifestyle. My poor wife is wearing herself out running over to the center to spend time with her mother, and with working. I'll be helping with some of the running around.

Nursing homes/rehab has been a part of my life for four years now - with Nana, and Dad, and now my Mother-in-law.

There's something to be said against modern medicine!

And now: School work. More book orders for next year.

Ah, summer vacation!

3 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Take a deep breath and relax! Cathy

3:10 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

I'll keep you, your wife, your mother-in-law et al in my prayers.

God Bless.

11:40 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thank you ITCL!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home