View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Perpetual Adoration

I love to go to the St. Padre Pio Chapel to pray. But my parish has a wonderful opportunity for prayer that I have too often neglected - a perpetual adoration chapel.

People take turns throughout the day and night to pray. Yesterday and today I went in there after morning Mass to say my rosary, and to pray for some special intentions.

We are blessed to have this opportunity for prayer always there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diacono Jose E. Rivera said...

Lee,

Which Parish is that?

God Bless,
Jose

10:39 PM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Oh, was that photo taken in your parish? What a beautiful Monstrance to hold Our Lord. I am firmly of the belief that we should use our best ability to make our churches a beautiful home for the Lord, and hopefully make our souls just as beautiful.

10:59 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Jose - the Parish is St. Theodore's in Gates, a Rochester suburb.

Barb - no, that is not ours. I have hesitated to take a picture of ours because I don't want to disturb the people who are praying in the chapel.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home