View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Father Groeschel to visit Secular Franciscans

Father Benedict Groeschel is in Rochester this week to give a Lenten Mission at a parish - and as part of that visit he will meet today with Secular Franciscans for a private Mass and talk.

I'm not sure what he will talk about. Some spiritual reflections? Some challenges for the two local Secular Franciscan groups? Some thoughts on future directions for the Secular Franciscan Order?

I am excited - not because he is a media personality, but because it will draw us local Secular Franciscans together and give us a spiritual booster shot. I love when we get to worship together.

He will be at my favorite Catholic bookshop tomorrow to sign books. It's a small shop, and I suspect that it will be crowded. So today's smaller, more private meeting will probably be my best chance to interact with him.
UPDATE: Father was taken ill and hospitalized on Saturday night. He is out of the hospital, but was unable to make the trip.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home