View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wegmans Update - A Welcome Change!

Back on March 7 I posted about a local Wegmans store having some birth control and related items under a sign that read "Women's Health."

Around that time, I went to another store, and did not see a similar sign.

Since then, I've gone to to a third store. No such sign.

Yesterday, I went back to the offending Wegmans. The sign was gone.

Hmm.

I wonder if someone at that store - or Wegmans corporate offices - reads this humble blog.

Whatever the reason, good for them.

Now if we could just get them to stop selling birth control the way they stopped selling cigarettes!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

I think many Catholics of good will who submit to Church teaching on contraception make allowances for others who just aren't on the same page. ('Not saying I agree with the policy.)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Definitely a step in the right direction!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If birth control was to stop being sold, which it will never, I would just get more abortions.

<3

10:27 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

anonymous - It saddens me to hear that you may have already had abortions. I will pray for you and your babies at this morning's Mass.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home