View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Red Envelope Project - Mail one to Obama


The Red Envelope/pro-life idea I mentioned a couple of days ago has apparently evolved beyond just a Valentine's Day project.

There are now two sites dedicated to it: Sendaredenvelope.org and The Red Envelope Project. Organizers are calling for the project to extend beyond Valentine's Day with the goal of sending 50 million envelopes - one for each aborted child - to President Obama over the next month. Some activists are actually calling for mass mailings around February 28 to flood the White House with this pro-life message.

I've already mailed one in time for Valentine's Day. I might just mail a few more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home