View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Padre Pio Service for Wounded Officer


The St. Padre Pio Chapel in Gates will host a prayer service March 2 for Rochester Police Officer Anthony Di Ponzio.

Officer Di Ponzio was seriously injured after being shot in the back of the head January 31. A 14-year-old youth with a troubled past has been accused of the crime.

The 7 p.m. service will be led by Deacon Angelo Coccia of St. Theodore's Church, and will include the Father Beatini Choir.

The Chapel is at 141 Frank DiMino Way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom.... said...

hello Lee. read your post about the Red Envelope program. Am going to send some out tomorrow. God Bless. Tom
ps I am getting a book published. check out my blog. Thanks.

11:32 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Actually... your blog is one of the ones listed in my blogroll!

Thanks for mailing a red envelope. I'm mailing another one today.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home