View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Springsteen Grammy



2009 Grammy Winner: Rock Song: "Girls in their Summer Clothes", Bruce Springsteen, songwriter (Bruce Springsteen), track from "Magic" (Columbia; Publisher: Bruce Springsteen) - His 19th Grammy, I believe.

Yeah, I know he pushed for Obama, but, well, he's the Boss.

A live version (go to YouTube for the music video with a smoother vocal).

3 Comments:

Blogger EC Gefroh said...

Yeah, I know he is a strong liberal and Obama supporter but being from NJ, you can imagine how I feel about the Boss. How's his new stuff? I am partial to his old songs.

8:40 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I love his earlier stuff, too.

His recent stuff is generally good - in an aging rocker kind of way (he is aging well).

His "Seeger sessions" collection of folkie music is great.

Magic is a decent album overall.

8:49 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Oh, and The Rising (right after September 11) was excellent.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home