View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Pope urges use of Confession



Pope Benedict speaks of lepers - the "unclean" - and points out that leprosy can be a symbol for sin. Confession helps sinners to to reconcile - with God, and the community of faith.

I treasure the gift of Confession. It has helped to lift so many burdens from my soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Though sometimes I drag my heels..it feels GREAT after.

12:29 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Yeah, it does help you to feel better...plus it helps you to think twice when you are tempted (Gee, do I want to have to tell Father about that???)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home