View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is Mom's birthday. She's the one on the right.

She would have been 75, had not cancer claimed her October 9, 2005.

Nana, on the left, died one year later.

I visited Dad in the nursing home yesterday. He's down in the dumps, and has pneumonia again. He was thinking of her. I told him we can take comfort in knowing that all that suffering she went through in the last years of her life is now over and she can be at peace. Then he said now she was with John.

Amen.

I will go see Dad again today.

3 Comments:

Blogger EC Gefroh said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for the repose of both ladies.

God bless,

5:54 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thank you for your prayers.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

So sorry, Lee. In November the weather turns cold and the nights turn long. We pray for the dead this month because it seems fitting, as does grieving.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home