View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Obama - Abortion

Politico is reporting this is an ad shipped by the Obama campaign:

OBAMA: I'm Barack Obama, candidate for president, and I approved this message.

VAL BARON: As a nurse practitioner with Planned Parenthood, I know abortion is one of the most difficult decisions a woman will ever make. I'm Val Baron. Let me tell you: If Roe v Wade is overturned, the lives and health of women will be put at risk. That's why this election is so important. John McCain's out of touch with women today. McCain wants to take away our right to choose. That's what women need to understand. That's how high the stakes are.


ANNCR: As president, John McCain will make abortion illegal. McCain says quote, "I do not support Roe v. Wade. It should be overturned." And listen to McCain's answer on Meet the Press:


RUSSERT: "A constitutional amendment to ban all abortions. You're for that?"
McCAIN: "Yes, sir."


VAL BARON: We can't let John McCain take away our right to choose. We can't let him take us back.


ANNCR: Paid for by Obama for America.

(http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ - "Obama's abortion attack")

Now I have not heard the ad - NY is not a swing state and airplay here is unlikely. But if the Politico reporting is accurate, it's just another instance of Obama's ties to abortion and Planned Parenthood. Think back to his "punish with a baby" comment when supporting abortion, his "above my pay grade" comment at Saddleback, and his opposition to a bill to provide medical assistance to aborted children born alive and his lies about his vote on that issue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home