View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Morning Mass

One of the nice things about the long vacations earned by being a teacher is that I can get to morning daily Mass (8:30).

Sadly, today was the last day I'll be able to do it as summer is over and at 8:30 I'll be standing in front of a bunch of middle schoolers. Over the summer I missed being in class, but beginning next week I will miss Mass. (I have to be at school at 7:30 each day, and there are no morning Masses near enough to make it to school on time.)

Along with the rosary, daily Mass when I can make it is a nice part of my prayer life.

Oh well - Christmas break is only four months off!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

It's ironic that you would post about this because at the end of the summer I was kicking myself for not taking advantage of the daily Masses available to me. And what was my first silent complaint about my schedule this year at school? It was that I didn't have a planning period,like I usually do, to walk over to the 11:00 mass at our school/church.
Poo.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home