View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day - back to work (almost)

There's a certain irony that Labor Day is the last day of summer vacation for teachers in New York state. Tomorrow, back to school starting off with middle schoolers at 8 a.m.

Today, I did some lesson plans, then the Good-Looking-One and I went up to Lake Ontario for a end-of-summer walk on the pier and along the beach.

Lots of people. Lots of boats.

Lots of birds.
One of the things we talked about was my going back to teach at a Catholic high school eventually (as opposed to staying for the 13-17 years until retirement at the Christian school where I teach). The Christian school pays better than the Catholic schools (sad), so it would be a pay cut. And the people there have been very fair and supportive.
On the other hand, I am Catholic, and it would be nice to be in a Catholic environment.
It's something to think about.
But not tonight. Students tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the first day back goes well!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Lionel Valdellon said...

It really is sad that the Catholic high school doesn't pay as much. Still, I am sure that God will lead you to make the right decision when it comes. Happy back to school day! And thanks for stopping by my blog! God bless.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home