View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Speaker Pelosi misrepresents Catholic teachings

I sent the following e-mail to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi after her terrible performance on Meet the Press this past weekend.

Dear Speaker Pelosi;

I was stunned by your misrepresentations of Catholic teachings about abortion on this past Sunday's "Meet the Press". I was pleased to see the immediate responses from Archbishop Chaput, the USCCB, and even Catholic members of the House pointing our your errors.

Your comments only help to undermine the Democratic Party's pro-choice ticket, a ticket which was already leading orthodox Catholics across the country to consider alternative candidates. I speak here as someone who in the past has been active in Democratic Party politics, and who helped to create a state chapter of Democrats for Life.


You owe Catholics and the Democratic Party an apology.

You can send her your views at http://www.speaker.gov/contact/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home