View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Catholics for Huckabee

More and more Catholics are starting to take a serious look at Mike Huckabee for Presdient.

He has a clear pro-life record, and clearly faith plays a major role in his life.

But he's not Catholic. A few folks say we should support a Catholic like Alan Keyes.

Now, I've always liked Keyes - the man can give a great speech - but I don't think he's electable, and he lacks executive experience. He's a good man, and I'd like to see him get a role in a pro-life administration.

Huckabee may not be perfect, but he has a chance. He's slowly rising in the Republican polls while the front runners are stalled (he's already polling ahead of Mitt Romney among the Republicans in the Daily Rasmussen Tracking Poll).

The Democrats are not offering pro-lifers any real choices this time around.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home