View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's final: No to the diaconate

I had a chat with the head of the local permanent deacon program.

The canon lawyers considering the canonical issue in my case determined that it can't be solved locally, so the next step was appealing to Rome. We both agreed that that was not a reasonable option in this situation, and not likely to change in the near future.

So, even if I was in a position to pursue the diaconate, it's not going to happen.

I have mixed feelings. Relief that there is a decision. Sadness that it is not an option.

I have to seek my role in the Church as a lay person.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home