View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse: Tripod, eh?

I finally broke down and got a better digital camera.

It had all these nifty bells and whistles, including "Scene modes."

I was glancing at the instruction book yesterday and saw that one of the modes was night landscape.

And a lunar eclipse was scheduled this morning!

I thought I'd give it a try.

Oh, it did say "To avoid blur, use a tripod."

But I'm a steady guy.




Right.

By the time I figured out I should have tried it in the portrait mode and at least gotten a clear shot, the sun was coming up.

Wonder what a tripod costs?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get a cheap tripod for about $30. Ones with multiple angle adjustments are more.

At least you got to see the eclipse. We had clouds.

4:35 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Yep. We were lucky to get a glimpse. Sorry about your clouds.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home