View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The latest on Dad

After my Dad has spent more than two months in the hospital, the doctors have decided that the medical (antibiotic) approach is not likely to work. They have recommended surgery.

The surgery would result in a colostomy, which means he could not return to the assisted living home he was in. We will have to find a nursing facility.

Dad balked at first, but now seems to be accepting the idea. His choices are stay hooked up to IVs and a drainage bag, or have the surgery and be mobile again.

We meet tomorrow with the hospital team to talk about what he wants to do.

Meanwhile, I was at the emergency room three times last week with my father-in-law. I took him to his doctor today: Now he needs surgery (outpatient, fortunately).

I'm racking up miles on the car again!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

Glad your father is getting a clearer sense of direction; he's been in my prayers in recent months.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home