View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Surgery Day for Dad

Dad finally agreed to get the surgery he needs. The bowels problem has not resolved in two months - and so he's been hospitalized that entire time. The doctors say surgery is the only route at this time - other than continuing to linger as he is.

It's scheduled for this afternoon.

This means finding a new home once he has recovered enough - he will need care beyond assisted living.

He has lost so much. All his retirement dreams are shot. He knows it, too.

I look at him and think that so much of this was preventable if he'd only heeded warning signs earlier and taken better care of himself. But we all have a tendency to put things off.

All this makes me realize I'd better pay attention to my own health more. And lose that weight!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home