View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Settling dust

Now that dust has begun to settle on my dreams of the diaconate - I'll get out a shovel later and give them a dignified burial - I have to focus on other issues.

Dad has been in the hospital since early June. I don't know yet if he will ever get back to the assisted living home.

Meanwhile, my father-in-law was taken to the emergency room for the third time in the last week. I'm home because I'm waiting for my daughters to arrive, and my uncle to come back from visiting my father; otherwise, I'd be at the emergency room too.

The book the spiritual advisor lent me simply does not appeal to me. The notion of focusing on positives is good - I've been recording them in a journal since we met - but the book bored me after two chapters. How many ways can you say the same thing? Reminds me of why I got out of journalism.

I have been enjoying Gulley's Harmony stories. There - a positive! Boy, I wish he was a Catholic instead of a Quaker.

School starts up three weeks from Tuesday. I am looking forward to it. I'm hoping we will settle on the two new teachers this week.

Gotta go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Don't give up, maybe the answer isn't no, just "not yet".

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home