View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dad II

Walked into dad's hospital room yesterday.

He asked if I had been the person who left with John. John had been there that morning, he said, but then suddenly got up and left and another person went with him. He wondered if I had been that person.

John, my brother, died in 1983.

Dad then went on about being in church, and wondered when he would be goign back to his room. He was in his room.

Our converstaion wandered like this for a while. I was about to go find a doctor when the PA came in to tell me that he had been hallucinating for two days, and that they thought it was due to the antibiotics they were giving him to fight his bowel abcess.

This explains why when I stopped by on Sunday it took him a couple of minutes to realize that I was his son and not his brother (he kept calling me Jack for the first few minutes).

This is getting scary.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

You and he are in my prayers.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home