View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Tagged: Holy Week Meme

Yoicks, I’ve been tagged by Laura H.

Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.

1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?

I put it up high enough so the cats don’t eat it. Then I let my wife make crosses if she wants to. To be honest, the whole palm thing is not a biggie with me.

2. What do you do with your old one from last year?

I don’t know. Wife thing.

3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?

Read all the Bible readings related to Holy Week. Pray more each morning. Read a spiritual book. In some years, I have fasted from Palm Sunday to Easter.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?

I take part in The Stations of the Cross in Reparation for Abortion (a prayer service and a procession to a site where abortions are performed). Later in the day, I sing at the Good Friday Service at church.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?

Alas, the girls are grown, so I don’t do this any more. My wife still colors some eggs. We eat them for the next week or so. Sometimes, I wish the girls had never grown up!

6. When do you buy Easter candy?

Back to the girls being grown. We don’t. We sometimes get a little candy for old time sake, but don’t make a big deal about it. We used to. We’d buy the candy a week or so before Easter, then Easter eve after the girls had gone to bed we’d hide the baskets and leave a trail of chocolate eggs leading the baskets. We’d say the eggs were rabbit droppings!

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?

Take the dog for a walk, and say a prayer of thanks. Then get ready and head off to Mass to sing.

I tag no one in particular. Please feel free to answer these questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home