View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Just call me Ukule-Lee


Yes, I broke down and bought a ukulele - a Samick UK70 concert model.

I went to my favorite guitar/instrument store - Stutzmans Guitar Center on Ridge Road - and looked at what they had available. There were some really cheap ones, slightly better ones, the UK70, and an even better (but more expensive)one, plus some used ones.

I opted for the UK70 because it was a step up from beginner, and will give me a taste of what it's like to play a ukulele. If I really like playing it, I'll likely later invest in a better one, possibly a tenor, with a pickup.

I've already serenaded my Good-Looking-One with a ukelele version of "Never Ending Song of Love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home