View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, June 20, 2011

It's the first day ...

Today officially begins my summer break.

Last week I finished cleaning out my classroom, so no reason to go back to the school. I don't have a summer job this year (other than anything I write to sell, or a possible editing job).

So, what's on the docket?

Getting ready for my profession as a Secular Franciscan July 9.

A couple of final interviews. (Then maybe making a choice.)

closing out my Dad's estate account and filing all the final paperwork.

Preparing a collection of poems for Christmas and possible publication.

Some work on the novel (maybe a couple of thousands words more?).

Finishing a play ("Birds").

Reading some of the books in my bedside stack. (Maybe adding to that stack if one of the interviews goes well.)

Some household chores and projects.

Cleaning out files to get rid of clutter.

Weeding my book collection. I hope to get rid of a couple of hundred books I no longer need or have room for.

Lot's to do. Time to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home