View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Job? Bad timing?

There's an opening at a local Catholic school for a history teacher.


Hooray!


Alas, it appears the opening is an immediate one. I would not feel right just quitting my current teaching position, even if that postition is uncertain for next year - and there's a good chance I will not learn if I will still have that job until May or even June.


I will apply for the Catholic school position, but with the understanding that I could not start until the fall. And I may still have a job at my current school as it is. We'll see.


[LATER: Called the school. The job has likely been filled. Well, that resolves one potential ethical dilemma!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home