View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I have been defriended


Okay, it finally happened.

I have been defriended.

Heaven forbid!

I'm referring, of course, to Facebook.

I have a Facebook account. I post there more often than I do here - largely because it's easy to do it quickly. I have been neglecting this blog. Bad boy.

Some of my posts there, like ones here, are of a controversial nature. Discussing things like abortion, politics and, horrors, religion.

One friend who's noted for quirky posts (as if some of mine aren't!) started in on attacking pro-life people of faith.

I responded, probably more harshly or fiercely than a Franciscan should, but still, not as bad as I've seen (or been guilty of in the past).

I came home tonight to find myself no longer linked to him as a "friend." And several people I'd friended through contact with him have also defriended me.

Boy, I must have ticked them off.

So it goes.

I will continue to speak up for life and faith - though I do have to be more aware of how I do so.
I'm inclined to growl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home