View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Planned Parenthood gets trashed

This morning I went to Mass at a nearby parish. As I was leaving, I noticed a pile of copies of a "community wishbook" distributed by a local newspaper chain.

The booklet lists local charities and organizations seeking donations and volunteers. I picked up one to see if some of my favorite local charities were listed.

Some were.

But so was Planned Parenthood. In a couple of spots.

Planned Parenthood is the nation's leading provider of abortions. It is an advocate of abortion and birth control. Its sex education programs distort the truth (as I witnessed when Planned Parenthood presenters came to school where I taught), and help to promote sexual activity outside marriage. Through the efforts of groups like Live Action, it has been caught lying to young women about pregnancy and abortion.

And it's a billion-dollar business.

A billion dollars in blood money.

I couldn't understand why a Catholic Church would have a booklet that promoted such an organization. Maybe the staff just saw all the good organizations and agencies listed and did not notice Planned Parenthood was it in. Maybe the booklets were placed there by a parishioner unbeknownst to the staff.

Whatever the case, I picked up the entire stack and tossed it in the trash.

Just like Planned Parenthood tosses babies in the trash.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you know the answer, but I am curious if you do... Have schools these days, in addition to their normal sex education curriculum, also begun to teach about homosexual acts as part of their programs? If this hasn't already happened, it sadly appears that we're moving in this direction as a society.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be interested in getting this church a coy of the Documentary Maafa21 which shows the eugenic and racist foundations of Planned Parenthood. It is powerful - see here http://www.maafa21.com

10:46 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Dr. K - I haven't taught in public schools since about 2004, so I can't say.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home