View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

In Thanksgiving for Venerable Solanus Casey

This year, Thanksgiving Day falls on the 140th birthday of Venerable Solanus Casey, a Capuchin who truly knew how to offer thanks to God for blessings received.

"Let us thank God ahead of time for whatever he forsees is pleasing to Him, leaving everything at His divine disposal, including, with all its circumstances, when, where, and how He may be pleased to dispose the events of our death."

He is someone I greatly admire. I pray that I can emulate his gentle, peaceful, practical, grateful humble ways.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home