View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rock of Faith rocks 'em

This is new.

Today before Mass a friend and I chatted briefly. He was sitting in a pew with his grandson (20s) and grandson's lovely pregnant wife. (Is it just me, or do pregnant women all seem to grow more beautiful?)

Anyway, the friend said his grandson wanted to attend that particular Mass because he knew we were providing the music. He likes it when we play.

A fan!

Then I noticed as we played the final song - "Let the River Flow" - several young people were nodding their heads enthusiastically.

Yeah, I know it's not a concert, but if our music can help to get young people in Church and enthused about it, great.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Music may not be in concert but it does indeed do grand things for the soul! Thank you for sharing you gift! Cathy

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Carol said...

Is there video of this anywhere?

3:59 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Carol - We are not that big - or that good. Maybe some day we will record ourselves somehow.

I'm more concerned with enhancing worship at this point.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home