View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A loss for a friend

Rita Manners, our wonderful choir director, lost her husband to cancer yesterday.

I did not know him, but I know her well and have a lot of respect for her as a fellow Catholic, as a friend, as a musician. I can't begin to imagine the pain she is going through.

God be with her.

I can't make the funeral due to work, but a number of the other choir members will be able to make it. I'm glad for that.

This Saturday, Rock of Faith was scheduled to play for a special youth Mass. We're now being asked to play for all the Masses. It's a way to make things easier for Rita and the parish, and, in a sense, a musical tribute to her.

I'll find out later if we will indeed play for all three Masses. I'm going to go practice now. She deserves my best (as does God!).

1 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

She want to play the Sunday Masses to get back in action. Good for her.

So Rock of Faith is only playing Saturday.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home