View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

End of an era?

Youngest daughter just left for her last semester of college. In late May, we will journey to her campus for graduation, and then ...

She's already planning to take some time off before possibly going to graduate school. As part of her plans, she intends to find a job and move into an apartment (assuming she does find a job) right after graduation, most likely but not necessarily here in sunny Rochester.

If that happens, we will officially be empty nesters.

All three of my daughters will be gone.

There's much to celebrate. They are all wonderful girls. But there's also a certain sadness about it.

Life goes on.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

My best wishes to you and yours!!! An entirely different era will begin! One in which you wish you could have control!!! NOT! Some days I yearn for the days when they were all home and young. Then there were no worries! :) Good day to you! Cathy

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Carol said...

I've yet to know of any true empty-nesters in our circle, and we're all 58 or better! Our own *baby* is 22 and has moved back twice, as have the others. And all their friends.
:-) I don't know if I just ruined your night, or blessed it. Perhaps it will all be as Cathy says.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home