View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

40 Days: Volunteers Needed

The local 40 Days campaign is already a week old. There have been many people out there praying for an end to abortion, for women to find the strength and support they need to refuse that horrible "choice," for Planned Parenthood workers to have a conversion of heart.

But ... we need more volunteers!

Please, go sign up. A few fellow bloggers joined me last Saturday, a few more might join me this Saturday at 10 a.m. - but I'd love to see even more of the local blogging community join me or going on their own. If you plan to go on your own, or if you have already done so, post a comment to describe your experience.

Imagine the message some of our more vocal orthodox bloggers could send to the Diocese: See, we are out there. Join us!

Ask friends, folks at church, your priests or deacons to spend even just one hour in prayer at Planned Parenthood.

Got to the 40 Days site to get more information - and to sign up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mary Anderson said...

I'm planning to come out this Saturday morning-see you then! (I'm Ben's wife)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home