View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Time flies when you're having ... life

We are taking youngest daughter back to college tomorrow. Her two older siblings, who no longer live at home, came over last night for dinner (and to meet her new rabbit).

Oldest daughter wished my wife happy anniversary.

Wife gave her a puzzled look.

Wedding anniversary!

With everything going on lately, neither one of us had remembered that August 22 is our anniversary.

I promised to try to snag some flowers for her at the funeral I'm singing at this morning.

Good thing the Good-Looking-One has a sense of humor.

But marrying me in the first place proved that.

Happy anniversary, dear.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Clare said...

To be fair, it was Bridget, not myself, who wished Nancy a happy anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Dad and Nancy!!

Drive safe tomorrow.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! Happy anniversary!

11:34 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Oops. Guess I got confused. Thanks.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

First forgetting your anniversary, then mixing up your daughters...geez dad! ;)

12:54 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Now you know why I forgot the anniversary in the first place.

1:21 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee - Greetings and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.

Are you seriously going to "snag" some flowers from a dead person? OMG...WOW!!!

All the best, I guess.

2:39 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Nah. I left the flowers alone. We have enough in our garden anyway!

3:01 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

What kind of flower does your wife like?

3:53 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

She likes all kinds of flowers. You should see our yard! The bees love us - as do the hummingbirds.

9:53 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

You two love birds are really the hummingbirds...humming with the love of Christ.

All the best!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home