View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Call To Read "Called To Be Holy"

I have just finished NY Archbishop Timothy Dolan's Called To Be Holy. I highly recommend it.

The book is based on talks he gave to priests and seminarians when he was the rector of the north American College in Rome. The talks contained in this book were originally published as part of Priests for the New Millennium.

Although originally intended for priests and seminarians, the book, as adapted here, is appropriate for lay people. It is easy to read, folksy and full of anecdotes and quotations and good humor. But it is also spiritually rich.

I'd love to hear him preach!

I had already read his To Whom Shall We Go, and some of the stories are repeated in here. But I did not find that annoying. It was like seeing old friends again.

New York is lucky to have such an archbishop.


1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Murray said...

On that recommendation, I'll order one today!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home