View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

If lunatics ran the world (oh, wait!)


I got up early this morning. The dog woke me, and given her precarious health and, um, "control" issues, when I hear her moving about I get up immediately to let her out. Just in case.

I made some coffee and sat to read the paper. Michael Jackson. New York's dysfunctional Senate. A local trade scandal ensnaring the GOP. The Rochester City Council NOT voting on a construction/renovation project that's been dragging on for years. Palin's resignation. The Mets losing. Again.

Madness.

I flicked on the television. One of the movie channels had on King of Hearts, an anti-war French film from 1966 in which the inmates of an insane asylum take over a town in WWI, and they seem more sane than the armies fighting the war.

I always liked the movie.

It seemed an appropriate film to watch with all that's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home