View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fatima Shrine Visit

The Good-Looking-One and I went off to the Fatima Shrine near Buffalo yesterday.

They are renovating, so some areas were closed off.


But it was still good to stroll the grounds, stop by familiar statues, say a few prayers. I bought a second finger rosary for my morning walks (I keep the other one in the car).


On the way home we stopped by Ridge Road Station - with one of the world's largest collection of Christmas- and Santa-related items (ah), then at a favorite diner for a veggie burger and onion rings. Mmm.

Sounds like a hot date? For us, it was a wonderful day.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Marciniak said...

The Fatima Shrine is one of our favorite places to spend the day. We'll take a picnic lunch and the kids spend hours catching frogs by the big pond. Then a rosary and a trip to see the Falls. Fun day!

5:47 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

We try to get there at least once a year. I look forward to seeing what it looks like when all the renovations are complete.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home