View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, July 06, 2009

RPH - Rosaries Per Hour ...


I had to go out to the school today to take care of some business.

On the way back, I said a rosary - the drive is about the right length of time.

But as I prayed, it occurred to me there was an added benefit beyond what one might normally expect from reciting a rosary.

When it comes to driving, I am a grumbler. Unkind thought keep popping in my head when I encounter drivers who are too slow, too aggressive, too careless. I want to honk my horn, or fire some imaginary laser at them!

But today as I drove and prayed it dawned on me: How can I dwell on such thoughts as I pray?

The rosary just might make me a more civil driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home