View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Praying for a Congressman - and Life

My Congressman is Eric Massa. He's a Catholic. He's also pro-choice and pro-embryonic stem cell research.

There's an organization called One Nation Under God that's started a Prayer Campaign for Conversion of Catholic Politicians.

They have a list of Catholic politicians, their pro-life voting records, and how much money they have accepted from pro-abortion groups.

You can offer up a Mass, a decade of the rosary, or more for them.

"Each month, OneNationUnderGod.org will present your offerings in a spiritual bouquet to each politician and their corresponding bishop."

I registered to pray for Congressman Massa. Today I sent him an e-mail:

Please know that you are in my prayers as a fellow Catholic. This week alone I offered up a Mass and a rosary for you.


I pray that you will heed the teachings of the Church as you propose and vote on legislation.

If we can get enough people praying for - and contacting - their Catholic elected officials in positive ways, perhaps some of these officials will indeed have a change of heart and support the Church's positions on these life issues - and put their faith above their political careers and worldly success.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Anderson said...

good idea, Lee. I need such reminders to get on top of such things.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home