View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Can you say ... Swine Flu?

I got an e-mail yesterday from the mother of one of the Rock of Faith singers (and flute player): Her daughter has Swine Flu. It was diagnosed Monday.

Let's see, we played on Sunday, which means I was around the daughter for more than an hour.

I awoke this morning, coughing, congested (I have asthma), and achy. I took my temperature a couple of times between noon and now. I'm bouncing between 95.7 and 100.2.

Hmm.

I popped a couple of Tylenol. I'll take my temperature again later.

Good thing I'm out of school.

Grr.

4 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee - How ya feeling? Howz your temperature?
Prayers.

5:21 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

After injesting Tylenol, I've managed to wrassle my temperature down to 99. (My normal tempearture is in the 97s). They also helped my headache. Now if I could just get my asthma to stop acting up!

Mind you, I'm a stubborn cuss when it comes to illness. I went from 7th grade to my senior year of high school before I missed a day of school!

Keep those prayers coming!

6:41 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

I just included you in my rosary. Sometimes bed rest is best. You do have an impressive record :) Prayers coming.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home