View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In Our Prayers

I was at Mass this morning. A woman who is a regular - a cornerstone of the parish really - was not there. I know she is in the hospital for surgery today (she had stopped by our pew on Sunday and asked my wife to pray for her).

I said a prayer for her.

But there are so many others out there who may not be as well known, who may not tell others what is going on, who may not have anyone to pray for them, but who just as desperately need our prayers.

I could pray all day and it would not be enough to cover them all!

Dear Lord, I place them in your hands.

6 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

Always keep in your prayers the people who have no one to pray for them. The lost, lonely and abandoned of God's children. Please pray for them too. I do.

1:00 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

How is the lady in the hospital for surgery?

6:04 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

The surgery apparently went well, and there are no signs that the cancer spread.

Thanks for the prayers. We prayed for her again today at Mass.

10:29 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee,
Thanks for the update. Would you mind letting me know further of her condition?

Grazie.

7:45 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

She is now home recovering! (They kick them out quickly these days). Looks good for her.

1:07 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Praise God, Lee!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home