View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Palin in Auburn

Well, looks like Governor Palin will be coming to Auburn June 6.

No times announced yet, but I plan to be there.

When I mentioned it, my wife (a Hillarite who voted for Obama!?) basically asked why I wanted to go.

Hmm. It could have something to do with that McCain/Palin sign that used to be on our lawn.

I asked if she wanted to come with me.

She said if she did she might bring a Hillary sign.

Sigh.

I don't know if Palin will run in 2012 - and I'd support Huckabee first - but it would be interesting just to see her in person and to hear if she has anything new to say. And she'd get my support over Romney or Giuliani (and, of course, Obama).

As a bonus after hearing her, on the way home I can pick up some mead at the Montezuma Winery.

Ahh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Patti-n-Mike said...

Mead is wonderful stuff, isn't it? Do they make both dry and sweet?

6:20 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

They make all kinds of mead - and they've won awards for them. They are the mead suppliers for the Renaissance Festival in Sterling, NY.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home