View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Four Haiku to be Published!

The following four haiku of mine were accepted for a chapbook that will focus on the seasons:

SPRING

Ash Wednesday
the check-out girl
wipes her forehead

SUMMER

clear summer night –
my ex-wife’s voice
when my daughter speaks

AUTUMN - previously published in bottle rockets, Vol. 7 #2 (2006)

leaving the vet’s
without my daughter’s cat –
chilly wind

WINTER

after sunrise
one star still visible
Christmas Day

I had mentioned the ones I was submitting before, but it's nice to say four got in. The book comes out this summer. (The titles are for the seasons, not the poems.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home