View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spiritual adoption - 8 Weeks


Exactly 8 weeks ago I began to pray each day for Anthony, the unborn child I have spiritually adopted.

Spiritual Adoption is a campaign to pray for children in danger of abortion. Each day you recite the following prayer from Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

“Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of [baby’s name] the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.”

The suggestion is that you give the child a name. I chose Anthony, for I began on the feast day of Saint Anthony. I will continue to pray for him and his parents for nine months.

At 8 weeks, as the picture above shows, Anthony has clearly visible arms and legs, and he has begun to develop fingers and toes. His eyelids and ears are also developing. His heart has been beating for three weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home