View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Syracuse Basketball: Wow. Zzzzz...


I'm an early to bed/early riser sort.

Obviously I'm up early as usual today.

But bed time got delayed last night.

Syracuse 127, Connecticut 117. 6 overtimes. 1:22 a.m.

There are few things that will keep me awake that long. This was one of them. I have been a Syracuse fan as long as I remember.

Even if the Irish Catholic in me is uneasy about that name - Orange.

But hey, they did beat Connecticut - a school from the state that wanted to whack the Catholic Church recently!

And some of those shots were prayers.

Tonight at my Secular Franciscan meeting we will be saying the Stations of the Cross. I look forward to praying that way.

Then I look forward to getting home in time to watch Syracuse in the next round of the Big East tournament. More prayers, I suspect.

Lent and March Madness. Ah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

I was there until the very end, and then walked twenty blocks to my hotel. (The taxi line outside the Garden was a mile long.) It was a blast, but I certainly was glad when my head hit the pillow at 2 am.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:29 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Anopther overtime - another win Friday.

At least I got to bed before midnight!

Finals tonight - Go SU!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home