View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Franciscans, Rock of Faith, and Santa

A full weekend ahead.

Tonight, the Secular Franciscan meeting - with a visit from one of the regional coordinators. Alas, still not enough people for me to begin formation. I might have to start solo.

Tomorrow morning the members of Rock of Faith will be at church at 8 a.m. to set up and practice. We will be providing music for a youth Mass on Sunday. With the other guitarist down due to an injury, I'm the lone strummer. Ulp.

Bridget (middle daughter) will be over later in the morning and Clare (oldest daughter) hopes to get over too, and if so they will go out with the Good-Looking-One for lunch. I'll be off to visit Dad at the nursing home.

Sunday Rock of Faith plays at the 9:30 Mass, then at 2 I begin my first gig this year "helping" Santa at the Mall.

I feel tired already!

1 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Bryan is back - with a broken bone - but able to play. Back up to two guitars. Also now playing with a new drummer - not because the old one was bad, but he was not always available due to work.

Meanwhile, the visitation at the SFO meeting went well.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home