View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Franciscan Reading - Father Solanus


As part of my Franciscan education, I am reading Catherine Odell's updated biography of Blessed Father Solonus Casey, Father Solanus: The Story of Solanus Casey, O.F.M Cap.

I had heard of him, and had stumbled across the book a few times over the years, so I finally decided to dive in.

It's not heavy reading, but on the whole it is informative and enjoyable. Spiritually, it is moving me to look at how I treat others (always a major failing with me). I wish I had more of his kindly spirit and humility.

And I like his beard.

"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion." - G. K. Chesterton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home