View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Franciscan calendar

I am a lover of biographies. I am fascinated by how people live their lives and the models they can provide for me.

It's natural, then, that in exploring the Franciscan Secular Order I am curious about the lives of Franciscan Saints and Blesseds.

There's lots of them in all three orders (Secular being the "Third" order).

Some are famous. Others are not. Some I know little about. About many I know next to nothing.

Everybody knows Francis and Clare. Many people know at least something about Thomas More, Padre Pio or Maximilian Kolbe.

But what about Solanus Casey? Matt Talbot? Raymond Lull?

I would be interested in writing about them. I am a writer. Hmm. Maybe this is a way to use my abilities? A book about Franciscan Saints and Blesseds? Or even just about Secular Franciscan ones?

Maybe one has already been produced. Food for thought - and research.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home