View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

A GOP McCain/Palin related oops

I had been in touch with the local GOP headquarters asking if there was a McCain/Palin office. I wanted to get a button.

They said there was no separate office, but that I could get materials through them. They asked if I wanted a lawn sign. I said no, because my wife supported Obama (sigh) and we had to talk first before I did something like that.

We did talk, briefly, and I said I'd like to get one, but that she was more than welcome to get an Obama sign and we could be like America - 50/50. But no final decision was made. I did not call to get one.

Yesterday, we took some friends out the the Hilton Apple Festival and returned home with them to find a McCain/Palin sign on our lawn!

I said that I had asked not to have one yet. My wife was upset. She said that she did not want it on the lawn. So my friend - an Obama supporter himself - walked over and proceeded to pull it out. I objected: What right did he have to pull something out of my lawn?

Anyway, I said I wanted the sign up, but that she was free to get an Obama sign. She was still not happy.

I am annoyed at the local GOP: They did what I asked them NOT to do.

Later, I did put the sign back up, but will take it down. (Myself.) It's away from the window so she does not have to look at it all the time, but she is still not pleased. It's her lawn too.

Too bad the local GOP did not listen to my wishes. They might have been able to have a sign there if my wife and I could have talked first and come to a compromise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home