View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On the road - and some updates

We are off today to take youngest sprout back to college (Wellesley, near Boston). That means a couple of days away from the computer.

After the dire predictions of doctors last week, dad has been released from the hospital and is back at the nursing home! He is still in rough shape. He's weak, lost a lot of weight, and needs oxygen. Hopefully, being back with his friends will help in his recovery, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn when I get back that he's been hospitalized again. I did kid Fr. Steve that after he anointed dad he seemed to get better, and that maybe this was a way to make money for the parish. Blessings for a buck!

Keep those prayers coming, please!

The novel is up to 33,000 words plus. My goal is 35,000 for the summer. I have a few days left after we get back. Tick. Tick. Tick.

I also reconnected with this blog and started posting regularly again.

Other summer goals did not fare as well. No play finished - I did the research, but did not come up with the right angle for the Hershey one.

The article for the historical society newsletter is still in the works. I might still get that one done. Maybe.

Of course, I just learned yesterday that I'm teaching a course I had not expected to teach - Food and Nutrition. I taught that a few years back, and it was fun. It means cooking with the kids. Gotta get some recipes ready. Any good cooking ideas to use with middle schoolers? (Kitty Litter Cake is always a hit!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty litter cake?

4:00 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Chocolate and yellow cakes crumbled, pudding, green food coloring, shaped tootsie rolls. Mmmm.

A middle-schooler's treat!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home