View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Broons

Daughter 2 (Bonnie Bridget) returned from a semester looking fine and healthy, and bearing gifts of tales of the homeland.

She also brought a few other gifts - including the above edition of "The Broons."

My mother having come from the land of kilts and bagpipes, we had a copy of one of the "The Broons" annuals in our house. Maybe we got it when we visited there when I was a wee lad. Or maybe a relative mailed it to us.

I read that auld copy again and again in my youth, so the comic holds for me fond memories of childhood.

I had mentioned "The Broons" to Bridget, and she found me a copy.

Ah.

Below is one from the 1950s.



Bridget did not make it to my mother's hometown - Greenock - but did make it to nearby Glasgow.

And she never made it to Loch Ness.

Guess I'll just have to gae there meself!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home